It's my life in Japan ! ⇒ in Thailand now!

I'll try to write down " what I think " , " what I feel" and " what I did " on my days in  both English and Jpanese! 日々私の思うこと、感じたこと、したことを、英語と日本語の両方で綴ってみます!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ostracism /村八分Mura-Hachibu

Mura-Hachibu is a custom held from the Edo era.
Mura means village and Hachibu means eighty percent.
It means that as for the person who disturbed order of a village, the person is quitted association by everyone as sanctions…They refuse to accept the person as a member of the group.
However it doesn't mean breaking off completely.…It's eighty percent!

Then what do you think what twenty percent means ?
It means a fire and a funeral.   
When the person was really troubled, they help the person.
Japanese believe that a harmonious group spirit is very important anytime.

I like the Japanese sensitivity that does not completely expel the person.

------------------------------------------------------
村八分は、江戸時代から行われている習慣です。
村の秩序を乱した人は、制裁として、村のみんなから交際を断たれます。もう、同じグループの一員として受け入れてもらえないのです。でもこれは、文字通り、八分・・80%なのです。  

ではでは、残りの20%は何を意味するでしょう?
それは、火事とお葬式です。

仲間外れにしても,本当にその人が困っている時には助けるのです。
日本人はどんな時も人の和が大切だと信じています。

私は、完全にその人を追放したりしない、この言葉をつくった日本人の感性が気に入っています。

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, August 01, 2006, Blogger Jim said...

I like that way yukyey, it is very interesting way of helping the individual grow up some.

And it is true as you say, it is a good sensitive thing that it is only partial and not completely separating from the person, that is very good.

Thanks for teaching me about that custom, it is a smart and good one, Thanks.

 
At 5:47 PM, August 01, 2006, Blogger yukyey said...

Thank you for your understanding. I really like old style of Japanese spirit.
I'm worry about that Japanese might lose this kind of spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home