It's my life in Japan ! ⇒ in Thailand now!

I'll try to write down " what I think " , " what I feel" and " what I did " on my days in  both English and Jpanese! 日々私の思うこと、感じたこと、したことを、英語と日本語の両方で綴ってみます!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Toilet paper               "トイレットペーパー三角折"


I saw the edge of the toilet paper being folded into a triangle today.
I saw it three times today..

I have heard that it is said that it is a well-mannered manner.
But I really don't like to see it very much.

I'm sure that the people doing it believe it's good manner.
Or maybe they do by their kindness.

But I imagine when they do it...
After they use toilet paper and before they wash their hands..

Unfortunately
I can't think it's clean.
I can't think it's kindness.
I can't thank someone who does it.

It seems to be the mark the restroom cleaning was done.

mmm I still can't accept it..even it looks so good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

今日、トイレットペーパーの端が三角に折られているのを見ました。
今日1日で、3回も見ました。

それは良いマナーだと言われていると聞いたことがあります。
が、私はそれを見るのが好きじゃありません。

もちろん、トイレットペーパーの端を三角に折る人たちは、それを良いマナーだと信じてるんだと思います。
もしくは親切心でやってくれているんでしょう。

でも、いつ折ってるのかを想像しちゃうんです。

トレットペーパーを使った後で・・・手を洗う前・・・。ですよね・・。

残念ですけど、
清潔だと思えなくて・・
親切だと思えなくて・・
ありがたいと思えないんです・・・。

本来は、このトイレは掃除が終わっていますよという合図なのだそうです。

うーん。
たとえ見た目が良くても、やっぱりダメです。

7 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, February 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This week, I saw an old episode of 'Friends' in which Monica was owning up to her new boyfriend about being slightly neurotic about tidying up. When the boyfriend said 'that's okay', she became all excited and said: 'then now let me show you how to fold the corners of the toilet paper!'.
This would never have meant anything to me if I hadn't read this blog ^_^
I really like reading it, esp both languages and I do hope you'll post again soon.
あなたに素敵なことがありますように。

 
At 12:57 PM, February 10, 2008, Blogger yukyey said...

Thank you so much for writing your coments!
I have been busy for a while but I'll write more !
I'm waiting for you here(^-^)
あなたにも素敵なことがありますように。

 
At 3:31 PM, April 12, 2008, Blogger Shiffi Le Soy said...

I think it's quite a nice Japanese custom. However, our best characteristics are also our worst characteristics. So it's considerate, but at the same time a bit fastidious. Those are both symbolic of the Japanese national character IMHO.

 
At 3:36 PM, May 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yukiei-san
Thank you for explaining a little about the New Year Card Game "Hyakuisshu". I could find the name, so I can get more information.

Joseph in Pennsylvania, USA

 
At 2:13 PM, May 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey don't stop writing, wanna hear more!!

 
At 1:18 AM, June 21, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I wanted to comment on your last entry but there is a problem? So I'm commenting here.

It's normal to want more free time ;) Everybody in Japan works so many hours...! We in Europe never work more than 8hours/day. I hope you find something you like!

p.s. I like that you write in japanese and english...it's so rare to find a japanese that knows english so well. I'm studying japanese but i'm not good yet..

 
At 3:02 PM, January 09, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality forum!
Just thought this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/disney-cars-party-supplies.html]disney cars Party Supplies[/url].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home